Noob in kent!

Joe1008

Hi all,

im joe, ive just traded my lovely 1.0 1992 vauxhall nova, which was pretty mint, for this bag of excrament lupo.

Its a 1.4 16v, lowered on coilovers, has gti exhaust system with 4 branch manifold, some ghey bucket seat which kills my back, and a stupid harness that makes me feel like a baby!,

I wanted something a bit different, was told next to nothing about the car, the tit i got it from couldnt even manage to put the two front wheels on so they rotated the right way,

On the way home i noticed a very slight whining, However after reading so many horror stories on the web about chocolate gearboxes, im wondering whether to get shot quick, Funnily enough, the a$$hole that i got it from, has now deleted and blocked me on facebook!

Its completely stripped out, some monkey has welded some box section in which has been used to mount the bucket seat, and lets just say ive seen better welding from my 13yr old brother!.

All in all, im pretty pi$$ed off with it already, however before i make a decision on whether to break or sell, ill give it a chance, as it is a very nice car, and im sure once it has its interior back, itll be okay until the gearbox explodes...

anywhoo. Excuse the essay, Pics below.

166527_10150936993374525_1436552776_n.jpg

553584_10150936993794525_728789971_n.jpg

398888_10150936994749525_1295732614_n.jpg

what do we think?,..

Just the one bucket seat? :lol: Yeah it doesn't look too comfy that. It's not a sport btw, no front fogs ;) If you get the wheels & seats matching it'll look pretty sweet though :thumbsup:

the bucket is going ASAP. and it says 1.4 16v S on my insurance, so dont rain on my parade lol. i dont like the ATS classics soo gonna sell them,.What would your opinion be on the gearbox situation?, Cheers mate

The S doesn't stand for Sport i'm afraid, an S is an S & a Sport is a Sport. tis a common mistake, don't worry about it ;) Nowt wrong with an S though, I've had both & actually prefer the deeper engine note of the S & they're a hell of a lot better on fuel. The extra 25bhp is nice though :thumbsup:

You may be right about the whine being the gearbox, though this came up the other day & someone said he's been driving his like that for ages & not to worry about it. Is it constant or only under acceleration, only with the clutch engaged etc? Mine whines a bit under acceleration, sounds a bit like I've got a turbo, tidy :lol:

Mine whines a bit under acceleration, sounds a bit like I've got a turbo, tidy :lol:

^this lol. i thought it sounded like a turbo too. all i need now is an electric tishhhhhh noise pmsl

thats folkestone arc, good to finally see another lupo on club lupo down my way. There is a meet tonight which is on at bulewater. I will be there.

link

http://forums.clublu...ic=87114&st=100

wouyld good to meet up and do photoshoot.

Still could be worse

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-Lupo-1-0-2003MY-SE-breaking-all-parts-cheap-/180878614759?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2a1d34a0e7

Edited by lupo1.0se

I have a driver's seat but I'm a bit far away lol

It in mate, took them pics at 8.30 this morning, Where abouts are you from?. Any spare lupo bits for sale?,

I have a couple of bits in my shed, i am only down the coast in the romney marsh. I have some solid headrests and some rubber mats.

What are you looking for exactly?

Actually i just thought about your seating prob, i know a local breaker has a colour concept golf cabrio with blue centres, would look pretty trick but the bases need changing though....

I just need a direct fit now tbf lads, as im still undecided on what to do with it, if its gonna blow up i want it gone asap lol. but i really like it and want to keep it.