What brakes do you use....?

Hawkesybaby

Got a G60 set up on my loop and was just wondering what discs n pads do people on here use.... what would/wouldn't you recommend? Comin up to change mine soon so wanna know what people reckon!

Discuss...

G60 set up with Ferodo DS2500 pads up front, brembo pads rear. Brembo max disks all round with goodridge stainless brake lines

No fade at all, the ds2500 can squeek until they are warm but they are still bedding in.

buy the best you can afford

Standard vw fluid at the moment, will change to 5.1 if a ever get round to doing a track day. I have the invoices for the parts if you want a break down of costs, it's probably overkill for the road!

I've been doin some research n seems discs don't really have a great bearing on braking it's all about pads... but I want discs that can stand up to some good pads don't wanna be chewing them up or warping n havin to change every 500 miles!

I've got green stuff pads on now and have had them on my old mk2 golf gti...

The pads wore down soooo quick with some generic drilled n grooves discs I had at the time...

With these I had them on my 20v and had no issues at all with fade or warp but I've out the exact same set up om the loop and it's warped chronic on the front left it seems...

It's a weird one!

Where did you get your pagid discs from and which ones I can only find them for the newer cars etc....?

They might actually be pagid disks, they said they were going to put one or the other on haha......just simple looking disks, they're painted silver so won't rust.