COILOVERS MEGA HELP PLEASE

JC AROSA

Hi all i know this has proberly been posted by many members before but i am looking at getting some coilovers next month. kinda forced to really as my arosa is making dodgy noises on corners and roundabouts.

The problem is i live in milton keynes we have constiant roundabouts and more pot holes and dodgy roads than i care to count on my route to work alone i have 6 roundabouts and 8 speed bumps in a 10-15 min drive to contend with.

All the curbs are rather high LOL and Drive way is also on an incline.

what coilover set will cope with constiant bumps and pot holes and be comfortable to drive on a daily basis i dont want to break my spine. I know i cant go as low as i want its just not practical for where i live How low would you say to go that will look and and hanndle better but not sacrifice the handleing and comfort to much.

also i am kinda on a budget as this is an extra i did not want to do yet but if i need to sort my standard shocks out i mayaswell upgrade.

I think what you're asking isn't achievable...

True.

Buy what your 'budget' can afford. Im on cheepo JOMs, ive been in lupos and many other cars running suspension set ups worth upwards of a grand and yeah, they handle but comfort, no more comfortable than mine.

Coilovers and comfort dont go im afraid.

Adam ^_^

so basically go for semi cheap ones as what ever i get no matter my budget im going to lose my teeth lol is ther a defult lowering for usual evryday use

thanks for your replys guys i appreichiate all the help and advice you all give me

Lower it to a height in which you feel most comfortable with and practical.

Mines at around -90 to -100mm from standard, rough measurement as the current 14's actually have a slightly smaller rolling radius than that of my standard 13's.

But i know that i can get around on that, my daily commutes aren't too bumpy, there down country lanes, which are pretty fun and i have no real problems getting around, appart from the odd laying frame and bottoming out, but speed bumps a no no.

Adam ^_^

and sparks...

There is that...i went at a speed pump last night, about midnight, like a small tarmac mound in the road, hit it at about 25-30 mph, arosa bounced into the air, sparks everwhere and all over pauls smoothed arosa lol, didnt see the sodding thing, they blend them into the road around here lol! :rant:

^_^

Spend right and buy KW v1s I have many speed ramp around me and the roads aren't very good either, plus access to my drive is like: ^.

Just don't drive like a mammarygland and you'll be fine.