Need help

Mine did exactly the same

i just took it out and cable tied it down with like 7 cable ties. that was in October ish and its still going strong!

i can get pictures if you want of where its tied down

no point welding that it wil just break again.

Yeah I did think to cable tie it down, is it still possible to use the latch to move it so people can get in the back from that side when it's cable tied? And pictures would be great if you could mate

I have a passenger seat in the back garden that could be butchered for parts

I'm not entirely sure how to fix it if I got a new clip like the one in my photo i posted, they look like they come already attached to the seat, cable tie might be the solution as I don't have a huge amount of funding to take it to be fixed at the mo

Yeah just had a look at my spare & it's all riveted, tie it up & keep your eye out for peeps selling seats or breaking loops/arosas

That's fine mate wasn't in a rush anyway, yeah that's fine then, after you put some pictures on if you could let me know how to go about getting the seat out to do it that would be great, don't wanna end up breaking something else!

There are 2 plastic covers on the runners, pop out the little plastic caps covering the bolts (think there's just one in each) with a very small screwdriver or something, take the bolts out - should be star/torq bolts, then when they're out & you've lifted the covers off take a 13mm spanner to the front of the seat & undo the 2 nuts, slide seat back until the wheels clear the runners & lift out the seat. Bosh.

P1000868.jpg

P1000867.jpg

P1000869.jpg

there we go, and to take the seat out, there should be a how too but..

undo the bolts at the front of the seat (front foot well side, two bolts in the middle of the seat)

then pop the caps off the runners for the seat and undoo the screws (this is all in rear footwell) and then remove the trim.

Slide the seat back intill it pops off.

i cant rember how to push the seat down when its out but id remove the headrest take it inside and have it so the seat base is up facing you then push around until it folds, hold it in postion and put one throuhg the gap for the seat foam (Pictures) and then take it around to that thick bar / beam and then tie tight, repeat on other side and id try and get as many as you can on there.

Hope you understand what i meant there :)

Good luck!