CHEAP AND EASY COIL PACK FIX

outdoor stevie

I had the dreaded stuttering and hic-ups that so frequently come from a coil pack on its way out, but before I splashed out on a new one I thought i'd give it a wee clean just in case.

Took the leads out one at a time and gave the ends a wee rub with emery paper two were in good nick but two of them were corroded but they still came up nice and shiney.

Then wrapped a cotton bud with emery paper and cleaned the contact points in the hole of the coil pack and gently moved round and round to try and rub off any corrosion and then blew the dust away you cannot really see into the hole just judge by feel but be gentle with it.

I have now done over a 100 miles and no hic-cups or hessitation at all lovely and smooth just the way its supposed to be, i'll monotor its progress and see how it goes and how long it lasts.

Mines a Gti don't know if the packs are the same but its worth a wee bit rub a dub if yours is stuttering

Cheers all stevie

Just a heads up, to be careful, and PROPERLY disconnect the battery and everything before Removing Coil pack or leads.

i have experienced a coil pack shock, NOT a nice sensation.