Debadging my Arosa

RobbHancock

Hi, I have just joined here and i wanted some advice on the best way to debadge my Seat Arosa? I got it as my first car and have seen some pictures on google of them without the badges on the back and they look a lot sportier than mine and i want this extra sport look! Any ideas anyone? Thanks guys!

I think it's MK2 pre-facelift buy i'm not really sure...it's a V-reg so...? and the badges on the back, the ones saying "seat", "arosa", "SE" and for some reason there is a little dog badge on the back too that i wanna get rid of...only want to keep the big "S" badge in the middle of the boot on it if you get what i mean? if you need me to send you a picture i probably can work out how to on here

hair dryer/heat gun and a length of fishing wire or a credit card. Heat the badge so its warm, but not hot - dont want to damage the paint, slowly using a sawing motion with the wire, pull it behind the badge. the card is similar although you can probably work out how to use that yourself :P use some tar remover or something similar to remove the residue left behind, i used autoglym intensive tar and wax remover, made a fairly decant job but not the best, im sure theres something much better to use but i couldnt be bothered ordering something online and waiting, went for a mission to halfords instead :D. Good luck

I've been using lighter fluid to get rid of the gunk, have to give it a polish after or it can discolour the paint, probably a good idea whatever you use really. T cut seems to be a popular choice, I'll probably get some to finish mine off as I've still got a couple of wee spots of gunk left

Edited by Koop

I've always used dental floss, can use a hair drier if it's a bit tough.

Removed the residue with "Sticky stuff remover"

You can buy it in halfords, but I had some lying around the house anyway.

Sticky stuff remover would seem an excellent choice for removing sticky stuff, good thinking :lol:

Sticky stuff remover would seem an excellent choice for removing sticky stuff, good thinking :lol:

I cant seem to find the sticky stuff keeper onner :tongueout: