Newbie :)

Lyndsay_LupoGti

Hello,

I'm new to the site.

I'm a Vee Dub nut... anything with a VW badge get's a smile on my face. My current VW is a gorgeous little Black Lupo Gti (She's my baby) I've been very lucky to find one with Full heated Leather interior, full VW service and MOT history and low milage.

Does anyone know where i can find some sort of manual that will show me exactly where the fuel filter is as I need to change it, I've looked for a Haynes Manual but there doesnt seem to be one for a Lupo Gti :(

Thanks

Lyndsay :)

Yep there's the Haynes' 6n2 manual which I used to find mine. I therefore can tell you it's behind the o/s rear wheel :thumbsup:

Thanks guys :) is it just a case of pulling the 2 hoses out of the filter and then sticking the filter on? Did you run your fuel right down or is it best to clip the hoses so it dosnt spray everywhere .... I think i might have a go my little self at doing it :)

Hello & Herro guys :)

I don't like to put her in the garage as im a nervous wreck that she will get scratched or damaged :( I trusted VW Lookers to do the full service in March told them specifically DO NOT WASH... oh yes you guessed it the wally's washed it :( i was gutted as i foam her twice, lambs woll mitt her with double buckets with grit guard and some Polish dude whacks a scruffy sponge over her and shammies her off arrrgh... I actually nearly cried :(

So for that reason im going to attempt it myself or rope one of the boys into helping me :) x

It's here

IMAG0704.jpg

You're supposed to depressurise the system first, I didn't & got a face full of petrol :lol: You need to take out the fuse that controls the fuel pump & run the engine until it cuts out, I'm not sure which is the right fuse though.