i bought a engine cover, for a gti

blister

i recently bought a vw lupo gti engine cover and i thought it would come with the air box now i am in a awkward situation

where can i get just the air box? would the polo one fit underneath the gti engine cover?

What are you doing here? Putting a Polo GTI engine in your Lupo or something?

If so Im fairly sure they use the same airbox, so yes a GTI one would fit, as would a 1.4 Lupo/Polo one I think

no still got the original lupo gti engine but it is currently fitted with a K&N kit but i would prefer it to be standard i bought a engine cover now i need the original air box and the seller has told me that i can possibly get a lupo sports air box to go underneath the lupo gti's engine cover

so i thought would a polo gti one fit as well then as i thought the polo gti airbox was the same as the lupo sport one etc!

Ahh I see, sorry, I was just going by the cars under your avatar.

Im fairly sure they are all the same, as above, Dale will check the part numbers for you if you ask nicely. They may differ slightly due to throttle body sizes but nothing a bit of manipulation cant solve Im sure

I have a sport airbox I'll happily swap for the k&n kit :thumbsup:

been looking at panel filters for mine lately & they're the same as the GTi which suggests it's the same box

Edited by Koop

Polo GTi air boxes are the same as Lupo GTi

I was in exactly the same situation when I bought one of mine and went back to standard from K&N. Managed to get one of a Polo GTi that was being broken.

On eBay cheap: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POLO-GTI-6N2-1-6-16V-STANDARD-AIRBOX-AIR-BOX-COMPLETE-/230773265093?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35bb2892c5