arches rolled and flared

Dave!

anyone got any pictures of there arches rolled and flared to give me a rough knowledge on how far mine need to come out !

will be fitting 15" bbs rm's 8.5j rears in ! and 7j fronts!

on 165 50 15 on the 7s

and 175 50 15 on the 8.5s

Thanks, Dave.

yeah ive been talking to fountain quite abit regarding wheels, hes running his with rolled arches but with camber. i was just after them being slightly cambered with flared arches

i had my frot arches flared as i ran 7j wheels but tyres didnt stretch enough so had to flare them

IMG00563-20110827-1240.jpg

this happened when they werent rolled/flared

fddba88c.jpg

mine look terrible but if done correctly it'd look aright

• 2 weeks later...

iv just gone and bought some 8j front with 175-45-13 and 10j YES 10j with dunlop sp9000 205-50-13

so my question is any chance that my archers will roll or flare enough to fit the 10j's as i dont want to camber F*#K out of the rears at the tyres are £110 each haha

i would of thought youd need a lot of camber im only running 14x7 an they poked about half an inch out of the arch youd probly have to get bolted/rivetted over fenders to make it legal and look good and iv heard camber on rear wheels isnt too bad for tyres aslong as tracking is good

Do you think.arch extensions look tacky tho :-\ can.you have them smoothed in and would i be able to slam my car still or will i.have to cut out my arch under the extensions to have no rubbing the tyres are 205 could i make it legal with putting 195 ultra stretched on also will the 8j fit the front okaii ?

theres a few cars that do arch extensions well it all depends on how there fitted and how the wheels sit but id say 10j would make it look wideeee.. i run 7j front and 25mm spacer which isnt bad but i have the flaired arches.. there was a mk1 arosa with bolt on arches..

you could cut the original arch down and fit the mk3 golf gti plastic arches i no a lad who did this

• 3 weeks later...

I had to roll mine, take a look on the youtube, in how to..it works!! it looks crazy but if you do it only at the rear wheels it easy and "fast".

i have to upload pics from my Lupo, and i´ll show you how it looks

cheers