engine goes pop??????

Hi there, Im after some advice.

I have a lupo s 1.4 16v and had oil in with my spark plugs. I removed the plugs, cleaned out the oil and realized to repair the fault I needed to remove the rocker cover, fit the sealant and replace the cover, which I did.

I replaced everything back to how it was. I then went to start the car, heard a pop from the engine and blue smoke came from the air filter.......

it now does not start, fire up or anything, just sounds ropy when i try to turn him over???????

Have I well and truelly screwed my engine????

Many Thanks in advance.

Lee

Blue smoke means burnt oil... Black smoke means burning fuel.

So from that, Id say yes... you seem to have oil in your spark plugs again... Check your headgasket and check your seals around the spark plugs.

I would need your number mate,maybe your phone will be able to post it??

I today removed the plugs and they smelt like they were soaked in fuel????? I cleaned them, wiped them down and replaced them, tried startting it up again and had the same outcome,a pop followed by blue smoke?????

NO idea whats going on.....

Haha! I thought that too John, but it seems he definitely got them on right, and oh yeah, I forgot about the cam carrier thing, bloody stupid idea....I'll pm you my number buddy.

And as for them being soaked in fuel, I'd say you've flooded the cylinders mate, itl still be injecting the fuel but if it isn't getting the spark at the right time it simply won't fire up.

just an update..... spoke to a few guys at work and they said it could be the timing... I had it towed to the garage I use and they had a look and told me 1,2 and 4 have no compression??????

Is this possible and how would / could this happen???