.....think the loop is broken....

john

was out for a cruise with a few m8's down kirckaldy prom 2night, parked the lupo up and jumped in to my pals 106. by the end of the night i jumped bak in to the loop, fired her up and parked up next to a few ppl.

suddenly felt the car "juddering"...... looked at the revs to find that they were sitting at around 500rpm so the car was nearly cutting out. then the check light on the dash came on!!! it was flashing so i decided to see what was wrong by driving down to the bottom of the car park. didnt even get there!! sounds and feels like the car is running on 3 cylinders. spluttering and coughing........no power either. eventually got home an hour and a half l8r (7 miles!!) doesnt sound right at all sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

any1 got any ideas what this could be?? thx in advance ppl :cry:

Sounds like your HT leads (well one of them!) Had mine go twice now and it sounds like a lawn mower. Doesnt take any time to fix. Good luck!

i cant remember who but somebody else had the same problem and what it was , was that the cyclinder closest to the air inlet had the wrong mix for some reason and thats why it wasnt fireing

the post was made some time ago and for some reason i think that it was paulbin

If it's under warranty, don't drive it. If VW found you've been driving it with the CEL flashing they'll likely invalidate your warranty. (assuming it's something more serious than you can fix).

QUOTE(tdwindustries)
sounds like HT lead or broken plug

was a broken plug :oops:

picked it up 2day....... sooooo glad to be driving a lupo again laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />