Creating an App

scotty_82

Im poop with things like this and haven't gone into fully researching it but is there anyone on the site who has created apps, is there a licence needed etc etc etc

Can you embed apps into apples existing functions or would they have to be totally standalone e.g for the sake of an example if you wanted to use the phones compass or calculator function but modify it ?

You can't embed into their apps as such, unless you intent on it being a jailbroken mod. EG you couldn't put an add on to the calculator on a non JBd iPhone. Its hardware that you can use, the apple compass app is just an app but it used the compass module in the phone, you could build and app that accessed the compass module. Theres a few apps out there that don't modify existing apps but serve to replace them such as calendars and web browsers. They use the same hardware but the app itself is different :)

Thank you, after some more searching I think the area for my idea may have already been filled, I'll dig some more