Throttle Body Cleaning/Alignment

saulbrown

Hi guys, I have recently cleaned out my throttle body, this was caked in carbon gunk as many have said! However this did not solve my running problem. Can anyone tell me, does the throttle body need to be aligned with VAGCOM? or is it something that the ECU would sort out itself?

Thanks,

Saul.

when i cleaned mine i ddint do anything, i held the butterfly open with my finger whilst i got in among it with carb cleaner and a tooth brush and it solved my running problem at the time, your problem may lie elsewhere?

Thanks mate, yeah I pretty much did the same as you cleaning wise, however I also took mine off completely as well. Also today followed Defcon5's guide on EGR cleaning! Made no difference. Last night I read somewhere that a throttle body alignment was needed after its been removed? I no that this option is available on the Ross-Tech VCDS?

Thanks,

Saul.

Boom! There we go, thanks very much guys! Right to now find me someone with VAGCOM or ROSS-TECH VCDS!

I have a lumpy idle mate, been following another post on here with the same issues, but he came to no conclusion. Engine runs fine for a few minutes, then idles rough, does the hunting up and down when a little acceleration is given. I followed your guide on EGR cleaning, a very good guide my I add!

If this is so where the throttle body needs re-aligning after cleaning/removal then my problem may have been solved without me knowing, until it has been re-aligned.

Thanks,

Saul.