engine bogging down/juddering when driving

Coil pack? Plugs? Leads?

I thought this, but I haven't had time to check. I was going to check tomorrow or Saturday.

Could it be the throttle body at all? I've heard that can clog up and needs cleaning every so often x

I thought this, but I haven't had time to check. I was going to check tomorrow or Saturday.

Could it be the throttle body at all? I've heard that can clog up and needs cleaning every so often x

a can of cleaner does not cost much and its a 2 min job :)

while you are checking this check for a split pipe as it could be sucking in more air and running leaner and lambda sensors dont like that and could cause a missfire but it would bring the em light on

Right.... so I bought some carb cleaner and cleaned the throttle body as best I could, I also squirted it down while my dad put the throttle on and left it to tick over. I then got a new air filter and fitted it all back together making sure everything was securely fastened.

Now not only does it bog down, it also idles at 20k meaning I can drive at 10mph in 1st and 2nd with out my foot being on clutch or throttle. When I'm at traffic lights/become stationary it idles very high.

Any ideas? I'm goin to look tomorrow morning for the egr valve and clean it, check pipes for splits and try and clean all pipes/valves to see what's happening.

Did you clean the throttle body with a crowbar or something? Is it shut with no throttle?

Lol no :P and yes its shut with no throttle. Also I have had a look through the egr cleaning 'how to' and my engine looks completely different. I have a single point fuel injection 1.0

And the egr valve shown in the guide is.no where to be seen in my bay.

I had a similar problem to this, my car decided to start shaking alot when sat idle and engine sounded like it was gonna die all the time, then one day the CHECK engine light came on flashing and my car wouldnt exceed 35mph and was proppa juddering whilst driving.

I got my friend to come have a look with one of those magical machines that plug into the car and tell you all the bad things about it. Found out it was my coilpack on cylinder 1. Got that sorted, cost me £30 for genuine part, not too bad. It been fine until the other week the CHECK engine light came on, engine seems fine, no judder and then it just went off after a couple of days. Now it just comes on when ever it wants and goes off lol.

I do need to give my engine a good clean and clean my oil air filter and main BMC air filter, just can't find the time recently lol.

But yeh, i recommend if you still have a problem, just plug one of those machines in and get it checked out. you never know what it could be lol.

:shades: