Where does this part go? (photo)

Lupo-dreams

I jacked my car up to change a wheel and this morning as I backed off the drive I saw this rubber thing where my car had been. I've photographed it next to a pen. It's flat on one side and has a round recess on the other. I presume it's 'popped' off or fallen out of wherever it was when the car was jacked up. I can't see any obvious location when I look under the car. Just wondered if anyone knows where it goes, it would help a lot. Thanks.

Luporubber.jpg

Thanks for the reply, but I can't see where it's come from if it's from around the bootlid area. I've already got little rubber stoppers around the boot frame.

This rubber thing I've got is a pretty heavy block of rubber, about 3x3x1 inches. It says AVR 8.8 in a circle on the recessed bit (it's written backwards, so must be an imprint of what was sat in it?). My main concern is that it's from the suspension or something because I jacked the front side of the car up just before I found it on the floor. Had a really good look around the suspension and all over the underdside of the car and can't see where it might have come from.

thats from the boot lid mate, its a rubber stopper for when you close the boot it doesnt hit the parcel shelf

I dont think it is Jak...The boot ones are much smaller.

Its not come off your jack or axle stands has it?

Not off jack or axle stands, no, good thinking though.

It's doing my head in now. I've been looking through some exploded diagrams of the suspension on Vagcat and can't see anything like it there. I'm hoping it's nothing important, but it was there for a reason so I'd prefer it to go back from whence it came! Car drives fine without it so far, but it's playing on my mind now. Arrrghhh...

It's deffo come off my car as it wasn't there before I parked up and appeared as I backed away. Jacking it up at the n/s/f corner in the meantime is a major suspect for dislodging this little bar steward. I've checked the rest of the underside of the car and all the rubber bungs of the floor seem to be there and are little round ones, nothing like this bulky thing.

Does 'AVR 8.8' ring any bells with anyone? Whatever was pushed into the round recess must've said that on it's head, 'cos it's imprinted in there backwards. You can also see a discoloured patch around the hole in a bell sort of shape.

Maybe it's a vibration rubber out of the engine bay somewhere?