Project 'Cheap and Cheerful' - Breaking for parts!!

tyler_lupo

Gutted about the crash mate, looking good otherwise, nice work on the wheels.

Shame about the little incident :( good work so far! cheap and very cheerful!!!

Gutted about the crash mate, looking good otherwise, nice work on the wheels.

looking very good :D shame about the accident , hope ludo gets bettter very soon :)

Sorry to hear about your crash bud, actually don't mine them wheels as much in black!

Cheers guys :) Ludo will hopefully be back on the road within the next couple weeks fingers crossed, for now though i got a couple more updates for everyone

Finally got round to removing my door strips but unfortunately i wasnt paying enough attention (my bad) and accidentally started to peel the paint with them, so i decided to use this as an excuse to touch up the body work abit and also colour code my sills..

IMG-20120510-00884.jpg

IMG-20120513-00886.jpg

IMG-20120514-00887.jpg

IMG-20120516-00894.jpg

After alot of wet sanding i finally got the drivers side, boot lid and rear bumper smooth and primed. only the passenger side left to do, and then time for some flash red :D

Heres a little accident repair update aswell.. After a 3 day battle me and my dad finally got the front wing off, heres ludo partially naked (As my mate says lmao)..

IMG-20120514-00889.jpg

plus got a couple stickers made for clublupo

IMG-20120517-00897.jpg

Hopefully more updates soonn depending on when parts arrive, thanks for reading :)

Love this little project! Keep it up! I'm new to the forum and was wondering if

it took too long replacing the antenna with the new one?

thanks

-idinsab

Thanks bud, glad your liking it :)

Ahh well it literally took 30seconds.. just screwed right off and then screwed the new one back on.. simples :)

What did you take your bump strips off with? A chainsaw? :surprised: Looks like a lot of scratches/missing paint

Haha tell me about it lol, it defo looks like i did but thats mainly because i took the picture after i sanded it smooth, itll be back to red over the weekend though hopefully

• 1 month later...

sooo some bad news, i managed to miss a speedbump and hit it at speed and anyone with a lowered car knows thats not good haha. so unfortunatley the damage was me setting the airbags off and bending the passenger subframe back by 2 inches and the repair cost is way more than i can imagine to afford, plus the easier option was to start again with a new car. as you guys have guessed this means no more ludo, but i am goin to be breaking him for parts so if anyone needs anything, feel free to ask me.. bonnet, passenger wing, and front panel are all brand new.. only thing not for sale are the coilovers as i already have a new lupo for them to go straight onto. will be open to swaps aswell depending on what youve got.. heres some pictures of how he is currently sat and what is available...

IMG-20120702-00949.jpg

IMG-20120704-00952.jpg

IMG-20120704-00953.jpg

IMG-20120704-00954.jpg

IMG-20120704-00955.jpg

IMG-20120704-00956.jpg

IMG-20120704-00957.jpg

thanks for reading and feel free to get in touch