G60 Break upgrade

CJ N

Hi guys im looking to do the g60 upgrade to the lupo gti. Ive got the g60 break carriers and also the discs

But what im stuck on is what pads do i go for? i read the how do guide but im still kinda confused on which ones to go for

thanks

cj

If you're keeping the original callipers, then i'm pretty sure keep the gti's pads....that's what i've done. I seem to remember that if you get the g60 pads they're slightly too thick.

If you're keeping the original callipers, then i'm pretty sure keep the gti's pads....that's what i've done. I seem to remember that if you get the g60 pads they're slightly too thick.

Cheers mate, yeah im gonna keep the original callipers.

Whats it like with the bigger disc's on? also what pads you using?

Edited by CJ N

I think i used ibiza cupra pads as they have a bit more meat on them, but standard GTI pads are fine mate.

cheers man, you recommend any makes?

Yeah i think im gonna go for pagid you know because i had the pads changed last year to pagid and to be honest they were pretty good

thanks people

All depends on use and budget,

I have just bought brembo maxi disks front and rear, standard brembo pads for the rear and goodrich stainless steel braided lines,

On the front pads a cant decide if ferredo ds2500 are overkill for the car as they are £130 ish, padgid Blue pads are £160 ish or just go for a set of good quality standard pads for £30-£40

I have run a g60 set up for 60,000 miles, there is less brake fade over standard with them.

Edited by angelo77

All depends on use and budget,

I have just bought brembo maxi disks front and rear, standard brembo pads for the rear and goodrich stainless steel braided lines,

On the front pads a cant decide if ferredo ds2500 are overkill for the car as they are £130 ish, padgid Blue pads are £160 ish or just go for a set of good quality standard pads for £30-£40

I have run a g60 set up for 60,000 miles, there is less brake fade over standard with them.

Thanks mate, i had a look at some brembo disc's on kam racings site. Might go for them, and they aint too badly priced either, as for pads im gonna stick with some standard ones. :thumbsup: