BMC CDA, Cold Air Feed Pipes and Oil Catch Can. The works.

Philplop

The full intake setup from my GTI.

BMC CDA with bracket.

90 degree bend to throttle body.

Two 90 degree air feed pipes, one with outlet, with silicone joiners and all jubilee clips needed.

Oil catch can with bracket.

Oil breather pipes.

Joiner to attach the standard breather pipe (that usually attaches to the airbox) to the new pipe feeding the catch tank.

Even a little bit of copper pipe, the perfect size to fix the charcoal canister feed and return pipes together, meaning you can remove the charcoal canister for a better cold air feed.

Includes all bolts to fit it. Bolt for the BMC bracket that screws into an unused thread on the rocker cover. And the two nut and bolts to fix the catch tank bracket to the battery terminal plate thing. (Two holes need drilling for these)

A little bit of hose with a jubilee clip, which I attached onto the head of one of the engine mount bolts to stop the air feed pipe getting scratched on them due to vibrations.

1fd39e54.jpg

1e00a43a.jpg

d2e732c2.jpg

This little lot cost me a sh*tload to put together, it sounded great and looked the part. And after emptying the catch tank when I was removing it, certainly stopped a load of oily cack going into the engine.

The only bad point is that the air feed pipe is a bigger diameter than the BMC intake. I wrapped some electricians tape around it before fitting to bridge the gap which worked fine, you might be able to think of a better way. As you can see, there are a couple of little splits in the breather pipes, but this is just the outer layer, they're still fine. The bracket could do with a lick of paint and there are a couple of little scratches on the air feed pipe.

Ignore the black bracket poking up in front of the BMC, that was to support my engine cover but it snapped. The engine cover does still fit over this setup, but it rubs on the air feed pipe. I made that bracket to hold it up slightly, but I obviously didn't make it very well. :lol: Would be easy to make one that did work, I just never got round to it.

£150 collected from Hartlepool

£160 posted.

Thanks. :)

Edited by Philplop

Alright mate really intrested in this but would like to know if it would fit a sport. Dose any one now the inlet sizes on a gti and a sport.