Lupo loosing oil. Ongoing issue. Help!

David

Still have a bit of an issue with our Lupo. Basically i've had all the valve stem seals changed along with the oil seperator box and breater pipe. When the vavle stem seals were being done they checked the piston rings and they were fine.

Still the car is smoking a little and within 6 days the oil level went from being fine after a top up to aout 3/4 full to the oil light coming on.

What else could be causing this? It doesn't seem to be leaking, there is no oil under the car and it has only smoked a tiny bit!

Im stumped!

firstly i have only ever rebuilt A series engines, so not experienced in Lupo's to the same degree...but you say you have checked the piston rings, and as such the oil control ring on each ? did you pull the engine out ? did you also hone the bores after withdrawing the pistons ? its the only guess i can come up with, otherwise like you slightly stumped . . .

Im not sure as my friend did the work. He is a VAG technician and said there were no issues with the piston rings. The headgasket has not blown, the car drives perfectly.

Question is, what else apart from piston rings failing can cause burning oil? Bearing in mind the valve stem seals have all been replaced.

The car is a 1.4 16v AHW engine code

Would thicker oil help?

That would make no difference, you are unlikely to be losing oil through seals when its cold.

PCV is the crankcase ventilation, if its broken I think it can increase crankcase pressure and cause oil to be forced past seals. Dont quote me on that though

That would make no difference, you are unlikely to be losing oil through seals when its cold.

PCV is the crankcase ventilation, if its broken I think it can increase crankcase pressure and cause oil to be forced past seals. Dont quote me on that though

Any way i can check this?