abs cable

sinki106

my rear abs cable at the wheel arch has been cut through not sure how but it has

now i have had a look inside the boot and found the cable and there is a part number on it

what am not sure is if there is a join in these cables or does run straight through the car to the wiring loom , just so i know if its going to be a big job if it is then it will have to go to the garage

any help would be much apreciated

thanks

Inside the black cable you will find there's two wires, if you make a localised repair to this you can get away with it and all will be fine.

If the sensor isn't bust, it doesn't need replacing. Did this recently on someone's car as an easy fix. :ninja:

Also, the cable is attached to the ABS loom on a lupo, it's all one thing and it runs straight to the ABS ecu, to replace the whole thing would actually be quite expensive.

Polos were better in this respect as the loom ran to under the rear seat and then had a gay connector to attach it to the sensor.

Inside the black cable you will find there's two wires, if you make a localised repair to this you can get away with it and all will be fine.

If the sensor isn't bust, it doesn't need replacing. Did this recently on someone's car as an easy fix. :ninja:

cool man

wasnt too sure if it would do but i get the solder iron out tonight and have a go

its just so i can get it through its m.o.t then i'll get it fixed

proper job

I'd just fix it, get it working and be happy with it.

If you wanted to be suer efficient with it, go to a scrappy, get a length of cable and make the repair so that it's placed inside the car rather than externally.

Also, zip tie the cable to something to keep it out the way when you're done.

Also, the cable is attached to the ABS loom on a lupo, it's all one thing and it runs straight to the ABS ecu, to replace the whole thing would actually be quite expensive.

Polos were better in this respect as the loom ran to under the rear seat and then had a gay connector to attach it to the sensor.

i thought that mite be the case cause i followed the wiring down to the drivers door then kinda stopped

thought there would of been a join in it somewhere but hey

yhea well i've got a polo gti from the scrappys coming in some time this week

so should be able to take the connector off that and as you have said make the join inside the car, sounds like a plan

thanks for your help bud

rich member of the year for 2012

Edited by sinki106

The Polo GTI is a bit different, the sensor doesn't have a connector at the back, the cable runs straight to the gay connector, if you want to use a length (he he) of wire from that you'd be better using one from the front plugs, won't matter to your ABS system but that's how that car will provide what you need.

cheers for the future vote.