HELP

Dan Gti

Having brought rich's manifold and zaust ive fitted it to my GTI. And i have a MASSIVE problem. The cat is about 2mm off the road and im scraping over cats eyes! So she is undrivable at the minute.

I need your guys help as to what i can do? Sports cat? Custom pipe? I have no clue.

Any suggestions apreciated

Im not sure mate. I got my friend to look at it after it had been fitted a bit ****. But hes tighten it all up and its straight now but still sitting too low :(.

Ill get him to have a look tomorrow i guess

Hi Dan, i had a Raceland manifold & de-cat fitted to my sport.. I managed to tweak it to get it to fit perfectly on there, i now have a Gti and attempted to fit it last week.. I then had the same problem as you.. It sat ridiculously low! I got the oxy-settling torch on the bottom of the manifold and tweaked it up an inch or two.. I've only trial fitted it since but it looks to sit fine, clears the sump fine and seems to sit similarly to the standard system.. Not sure if you've noticed but the manifold is VERY close to the alternator.. Hoping to make up some sort of heat shield in the near future.

Mike

Hi Mike.

Thanks for your response.

Yea im kinda wishing i hadn't of bothered as i have no idea about this sort of thing......

Ok ill get my mechanic to have a look at that asap.

Do you think its worth making then?

Cheers