Something is killing my car! Maybe Immobiliser?

KelloSimmo

Please help! It is getting to the point where i am going to have to put my car into Volkswagen themselves and pay out a fortune unless i find out what is going on with my car!

I have a Y reg Lupo GTI.

Recently my car kept dying when it was left for long periods of time so i bought a new battery and a part that feeds the battery charge through to the engine! It has been working fine for weeks but now yet again the car keeps dying when left for a long time.

If left for 8 hours-ish or more then i try to start the car, it will not start and the alarm goes mental! My key fob is faulty so i usually use the key itself to lock and unlock the car. Once i try to start it and the alarm goes crazy, the alarm will not stop going off until i have jumped the car!

Is something killing it slowly or is there a problem with my immobiliser? I have had a few mechanic friends look at it with no success at finding the problem!

Thanks!

You've got a power drain when the car is standing.

This is common on Passats and it's usually the convenience module. You're going to have to be very good with electrics or go see an auto electrician.

If you're female and local, I might have a look for you.