1.4 head onto a 1.6 gti block

liam-1992

hey guys ive just got myself a polo gti lump to put in my 1.4 lupo and ive done a bit of snooping around on the forum and seen people talking about putting a 1.4 head onto the gti block to see more power and more choice for cams. At the moment my gti engine has a aas exhaust and manifold and im after more power so really looking for someone who knows a bit more about this head swap any info appriciated :)

cheers liam

Edited by liam-1992

If i remember correctly it is the head of the Polo 6n 1.4 16v sport which is used.. As you mentioned this gives better tuning possibilities as it has a more 'basic' design. The cams are in the mounted in the head a posed the the rocker cover in the Lupo. This gives more choice on cams and if you were to do some more performance mods it in theory will be more suitable.

Mike

Wouldn't like to say for certain.. As long as the water/oil ways line up i dont see why not. Try using the search function it is temperamental at times but you'll find a thread on the topic, it has been discussed on here a few times.

Mike

The 1.4 head which gets used is an AFH head from the 100BHP 1.4 Polo.

I'm not sure if the 1.4 Loop head fits, if it does, I can't see any gains from this.

The gain would be that it wouldn’t have vvt is what I’m led to believe. Which will offer a wider range of cams, as said before what I’m really looking to find out is if it’s a straight swap if not what I need to do to make it fit as I’m looking to get some cams for my engine.

Cheers Liam

p.s will do jwb ;)

Edited by liam-1992

Listen to what I'm asking, "what wiring are you running?"

I know what conversion you're putting in your car, I know the car it came from. I can tell you every little thing about it.

I made the bundle, I sold the bundle, the car got crashed, I took it out the car.

I saw what had been done to it when it had been installed into the car it came from.

If you want to benefit from the knowledge, then you're going to have to be quite clear with what you're up to.

using an afh head alone will give no gain's and it's not a simple bolt up job either, belt's, pully's, water pump,block work to accomodate one of the pully's, and water way alignment . along with this you will be changing to distributor head, what ecu would you be using?

if you can " tell me every little thing about it." why are you asking ? if you can tell me if its a straight swap with the 1.4 head and if it will benefit me when i come to buy cams etc then please do. I did not post this topic to disscus what wiring im running. :)

cheers liam

using an afh head alone will give no gain's and it's not a simple bolt up job either, belt's, pully's, water pump,block work to accomodate one of the pully's, and water way alignment . along with this you will be changing to distributor head, what ecu would you be using?

thanks mitch that was the info i was after and i didnt know the ecu would have to be changed. Would it benefit me to do this head conversion when i come to buy cams ?

cheers liam

I'm not swearing, I'm not going to yell.

The conversion you've bought is the byproduct from something I made.

I took it out the car and I saw what a mess the wiring was. I was going to advise on a few things but good luck, have fun building a car which is never going to run 100% without some serious investment into finding what I could easily point out.

Enjoy. :coffee: You're on your own.

Mitch, this is from Henri's Lupo.

How very gentlemen like of you. I don’t see why you’re getting so moody fella I’ve hardly done anything wrong I posted a topic about a 1.4 head conversion and you started asking me about the wiring. Sorry if I have offended you in anyway. Any info on why it will never run 100% would be much appreciated :)

from what i know about,

it the wiring you have is a collection of bit's rich can advise you further on it tbh.it's not something that can't be rectified i think rich was just asking you a question you did'nt understand, pm him.

as for fitting the afh head it's no straight forward thing and you will need to spend to gain, my whole conversion is for sale at £3000 ,my cams ecu loom and t bodies cost that.