Leaking Lupo

Hi,

My Lupo appears to be soaking wet. My rear seats, boot carpet slightly, rear passenger foot well (worst, absolutely soaking.. squelching), rear driver, and slightly front passenger and driver foot well. The roof lining has sagged and rear of the roof is pretty wet, drips sometimes. All the red body work inside the car on the roof is soaking as well. I've never ever traced a leak before :). I read something about a jet wash pipe poping off but would it really make it this bad on the floors? I think the roof may just be condensation as the car is sitting in the freezing cold doing nothing just now.. Not passed my test yet.

Check the seal around your aerial. Also, does your car have a sunroof fitted? If so, it may be that the drains are blocked.

When you did your door straps did you cut/damage the door lining?

The grey stuff was all punctured when i got the car so if that is an issue then they are ****ed and probably one of the issues. The aerial seems to have a bit of play in it so this may also be part of the problem?

Edited by davidelliott294

Yeah the grey stuff is to stop water pouring into the car when it rains ;)

It could be that the water in the footwell is from that. If it gets any sun it'll cause condensation.

The aerial is easy to tighten if you can drop the roof lining. I changed mine just using a socket with the aerial lead through the hole in the middle of the socket.

Yeah the grey stuff is to stop water pouring into the car when it rains ;)

It could be that the water in the footwell is from that. If it gets any sun it'll cause condensation.

The aerial is easy to tighten if you can drop the roof lining. I changed mine just using a socket with the aerial lead through the hole in the middle of the socket.

When you take of the bottom card there is a bit of wet inside the door but not much. I will give the aerial a tighten tomorrow :).

Edit: Resolved.

Edited by davidelliott294