smashed up rebuild!

burningsextornado

well ive had my lovely green 1.4 for a few years now...

as you know you slowly go from standard to lowered then apply your personal touches

so i got her, x reg 95k on the clocks,mint bodywork partial service history...within a month of having her..the gearbox went..now this wasnt specifically a bad thing as

1. brand new gearbox installed

2.brand new clutch installed

3.all paid for by car garage i bought it off :)

090325_171722.jpg

so being a car i was going to keep the personalsing of the car began.first off as i had recently turned 18 a private plate was placed upon the car :), rear wiper off and aerial off,debadged lupo and 1.4 and also removed the bump strips. more importantly a set of fk coilovers were purchased and the car lowered onto some what were very shiny porsche teledials.rear badge was painted black and looked something like this

24022010003.jpg

24022010002.jpg

24022010005.jpg

shoot me if you will but never been a fan of overly clean cars.probably because i am very lazy

now the next stage wasnt lazy and was off the road for a few days but the few hundred quid i spent have maintained the car very well.

so what was renewed

new wishbones,arb,drop links,brake pads,brake discs,handbrake cable,full service,rear fitting kit and shoes and calipers and drums painted bright red.also my alpine stereo was fitted with an accompanying alpine sub :).water pump and cambelt also changed along with a brand new windscreen.new aero wipers fitted chrome indicator bulbs and daylight xenon look bulbs.headlights also painted black and a general clean of the car :)

03032010003.jpg

and still going strong.

got a bit bored of the teledials and managed to pick up some ats cups that were wrapped im some massive tyres! got some brand new nankangs and fitted them

23022010.jpg

20052010010.jpg

20052010011.jpg

20052010003.jpg

threw in a bonnet bra for good measure along with a badgeless grill

20052010012.jpg

20052010016.jpg

25042010.jpg

so all was good were going to lower it more on rear and get leather interior with a plan to smooth the entire car and i would have been a happy chap...however some dirty chavs seemed to kick my car in and put them plans on hold really!

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

smashed all the tailgate,sides of car both wing mirrors and general dents all over :(

didnt end up that bad however, i was using my bike everywhere i went now and as i said plans were to get it smoothed and just finish it off really,however i had the money and my cousin came out of the blue really with the bombshell im selling the gti! so all that money went on the gti and i am left with this now with a sliver boot and a dismantled car ready to be sprayed.

plans are to restore back to oem+ and sell it really as i cant justify doing the car to a standard that i would be losing money. so im storing it in garage and just getting it done when i can. started it up few days ago and it started first time and the engine is bob on !

th_b3c86df2.jpg

Oh dare man, hope you get it back up to scratch soon!

Joe

cheers yes hopefully it will be pristine and gleaming again

once the bodywork is sorted ill have a very reliable car as the entirity has been rebuilt mostly

hopefully will be sold on here and someone will personalise the car to their tastes :)

• 7 months later...