cam belt change

Simple one today water pump and thermostat on girlfriends 1.4 16v needs changing but garage is telling me do timing belt also whilst on but this was changed exactly one year ago and 8k miles ago so dont see point in spending extra £120 for timing belt kit also!!

Is this necessary or not???

Cheers Steve

It was done whilst previous owner had it invoice just says timing belt kit fitted @ £83.15 plus £120 labour, i'm assuming the kit wont come with water pump pulley so assuming it wasn't done which is annoying really as if done wouldn't be having this problem and possibility head also gone???

I had a bucket wear out on my 1.0e Lupo, Which nailed the Cam shaft, While i had it in pieces i fitted a new Cam and Aux belt, Thermostat, Coolant and oil change.. I knew its wasn't required, But for the sake of a few quid i've got piece of mind that it will be right for quite a while, Luckily being an LV3 apprentice technician I carried out all the work myself so no labour to pay apart from a subway! hahaha

So basically what im saying is, Just pay out the little extra cash for the none vital parts and it will pay you back in the future! :)