Sudden Brake/wheel squeal

Wonder if anyone can give me some advice...

Drove the car back from Uni, around 2 miles at about 11 oclock this morning and all was well. Then i drove it at around half 5 this evening, and the brakes/wheels are squealing like a piggy.

It sounds like it's coming from the front nearside the most but may be wrong. The car was parked on the road between it being driven so i dont really get how it's done it all of a sudden?

It does it all the time when moving, unless im braking when it seems to back off a little.

I jacked the car up then briefly (i have limited resources here) and tried to wiggle the wheel, there is no play so i'm hoping it's not a wheel bearing..

I will try get the wheel off tomorrow to examine the disks and pads but I dont have a socket set at uni so i'm a bit stuck..

Anyone had this before? Solutions?

Cheers, Jake.

Edited by jabbles21

I had the same problem, turns out something was stuck between the pads and disc, get your pads off and look for dirty streaks on the disc and if so you'll need to change your discs and subsequently your pads! Don't try and hope changing the pads will solve your problem,been there done that loool! But yeah there pretty much nothing you can do without a few spanners......

All sorted now! :) Reversed about 20m, then drove forwards and it's been fine, so it must've been something lodged in the back of the pad just getting pulled in when going forwards, bit of reversing and it popped out! Ideal! Thanks for all the advice :)