iphone/touch dashvent dock how to (of sorts) sticky?

okay after ben (LGG) asked me to do a how to for this for a few fuys over at dirty stancing i thought id post it up here aswell for you guys if anyone fancies it, as i odnt know of anyone other than myself to actually do this

here s a kinda quick guide its pretty self explanatory after these steps really,

excuse the crudeness of the diagrams i couldnt be arsed making th elook preety they do thejob of explaining

stuff needed, dremel(possibly drill), some plastic about 8 inch square pice of fabric, hot glue gun and some spray glue

of course an iphone/ipod touch and a suitable cable for your stereo

first off your dash piece

img0108p.jpg

then remove this piece at the back to expose the separate vent pieces

img0109lm.jpg

now remove this inner section

img0110ln.jpg

youll have these pieces now

img0111dw.jpg

take the inner pice and remove the vertical air flow direction thing me bobs they just clip out and youll be left with this

img0112cf.jpg

now youll have to cut a piece of plastic to fit inside this, i used some old cd cases

and also dremel a slot for your cable to fit in

25064945.jpg

glue the plastic backing with loads of hot glue form behind and glue your cable in place from undernetah again with loads of hot glue so it doesnt budge, i plugged the cable into my iphone sat it in place while glueing underneath so it glued at the correct angle

now youll want to trim it so it looks purdy when your phones/touch isnt there, use as thin a fabric as you can and use this as a rough kinda template for shape, this pic is in no way to any scale but youll be able to figure it out using paper template first

unled1vz.jpg

after thta then just refit, underneath at the back of the big dash piece it might need trimmed to allow space for the cable but youll figure it out its pretty simple stuff once you have all the bits in front of you its pretty simple to how things go togther