lupo heaters/matrix

was in the lupo yesterday and i had the heating on in the car and it was very toasty warm and then instantly the car started blowing cold air into the cabin???? like there is no hot water going into the matrix but wondered if there was a common issue i can check before ripping into the matrix?

cheers

thats the first thing i checked as my car does use a small bit of oil and coolant but it has been fine for ages. think i will try again though and squeeze the pipes etc and try and see if there is an air lock somewhere? I do park my car at right weird angles on embankments so it is possible the water got to such an angle that air got round into the system....

Now that we are getting colder weather the coolant in the rad is, well, cold.

When the Stat is closed, this coolant won't be getting mixed untill the engine is upto temp.

So, when the Stat opens, all this cooler coolant now rush's round the system and can come into the heater matrix. As it's now colder that what was there, the temp could drop and making you think you have a problem.

Did you stop the car after it went cold or did you keep going? If you kept going, did it get hot again?