1.4 TDI tuning

mpaton2005

Hi,

what options are available for the 1.4 Tdi? I've had mine for about a year and want to uprate it if possible - no 'boy racer' turd, just some nice discrete stuff like ECU chipping or whatever.

I run bikes most of the time, so I don't expect a `0-60` of my `GSXR-1000`, but somewhere less than 12 would be good. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Martin

I think a `re-map` is the way to go.

I also learnt today that an air intake from a Leon Cupra, helps a remapped vrS from 180 to 200bhp :shock:

Maybe this could be an option?

Other than that have about a a shot of the laughing gas, for Sprint blasts at Pod in the summer :wink:

From what Ive been reading, works very well with diesals.

Any pics of the car and bike?

@tigz it's the air intake from the ibiza cupra tdi that fits the fabia, only worth 20bhp when it's fitted to the remapped car thoug i't worth about 8bhp on the standard one. The intake pipe is about twice the size compared to standard and it's only a small bit of plastic pipe so a cheap mod. They are on back order from the factory already though. Probably increases turbo lag a little too.

Someone explain to me what this 'Revo' stuff is smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I've read that you can get a replacment ECU chip to increase the output to 108BHP/186lb torque - presumably this is it.

Does this need a new exhaust system to go with it, or will it work with the standard kit?

As far as my bikes go I have a `GSXR-1000` K4 which has Ohlins shocks, braided lines, a Yoshimura `Tri-Oval` full system on it (remapped ECU also) - kicks out about 160 BHP at the back wheel on a dyno (from 148 stock) with a weight of 166KG dry - getting on for 1000bhp/ton. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

`0-60` time of about 3 sec - after that it's almost completely linear up to about 160 mph, then on to a top speed of just over 185 indicated - real world about 175.

I also have an `SV-650` which is a VTwin 650 cc producing about 75bhp - completely stock except for a Renegade exhaust (more for the sound rather than any power!) - this tops out about 135mph, but you don't half feel the windblast! twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" /> twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" /> :roll:

I will post some pics of my car and bike when I get home from work this evening. The car is nothing special, just a standard looking 1.4 TDi in Silver with a slightly scuffed offside front alloy! sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

basically you get three types of electrics tuning.

New chip - somone like superchips can remove the chip from an exisitng car and replace it with one of their own that might allow more fuel or turbo boost pressure and thus increase the performance figures.

software map - Revo write their own code based on the running of one or two similar cars and then upload the redesigned program into the existing memory of the car's black box, some like revo offer the option to change back to the original mapping with a small switch device so you can take it back to standard for servicing etc. Places like AMD will put your car on a rolling road and set the code up just for your car to get it to the optimum setup which gives a customised map and garentees the power increase but usually costs a bit more.

Piggy back chip/ecu - A different chip or box is added after the ecu whihc intercepts the signals and adds to it giving more fuel etc, tends to be a cheaper option and can be removed though it isn't as effective as it can only add to the existing commands.

They all work on a standard car, additional changes exhausts etc. can have benefits but you'll get more advantage form a ustom map designed around your car with the modifications rather than a stnandard chip or map that is expecting the car to be running a certain way to start with.

024.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Bikes, yeah bikes wooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This superchip looks like the way to go, with the custom remaps - assuming it can generate the 30bhp extra it claims!

Id be very supprised if it was anywhere near 30bhp to tell you the truth.

i thourght u all rated it ?

its 33 bhp if we are being perdantic, the point is even if u dont get 33bhp, u still get more bhp, more torque and better power curves and its not as much as some mods that get u far less.

• 3 weeks later...

i had previously thought of this and wondered has anyone put the ibiza cupra intake on a lupo/arosa? would it even fit lol?

tigz - i cant quote figures but i know the intake dosent give you an extra 20bhp on a mapped fabia/ibiza. (think it was more like `5-10` and that is on a custom remap). suposedly good at reducing smoke though! check the briskoda/seatcupra forums for more info smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />