Frankies Paint

shane92

Okay the owner before me had the bumpers resprayed,

But the quality is absolute ****! :(

The only way i can describe the touch or feel is like an orange peel!

theyre also a nightmare to polish as it seems to stick to it?

and the front looks like it constantly has some liquid or **** running down it! :(

apart from the obvious respray,

Any ideas how to fix? :(

absolutely none mate, ive had this before when i painted my spoiler myself, the reason was i hadnt enough catalyst in the laquer and it left it soft, don't know if this is whats happened to you but sounds similar

im sure one of the more paint and body guys will be along and give u a more n depth explanation

Hhmmm, join the club of dodgy paint, I had a similar problem with one of the arches as it went dull as the guy didn't laquer it.

I end up getting resprayed which has now resolved this issue but it caused problems for the paint place and they had to do it twice.

I think as already mentioned in the thread is to get them fully sprayed, just make sure you can see the paint places work before going to do the work

you get orange peal in any paint it's normal the better you are at spraying the less you'll end up with but you'll still get some no matter what you do, to remove it you flat and polish it after taking the surface away and making it flat, problem is if you'v not done it you don't know the quality of the paint or how much is on there, personally i hate repairing someones attempt at painting and charge more as it takes longer and you have a higher chance of reactions and problems.