Mix of tyre brands..which to use?

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a set of bathursts with tyres off a guy on here. Alloys are in good condition as described, no problems there. However, the tyres were listed as all being 195/45/15, but upon opening, one was a 205/45/15. I contacted the guy about this but didn't get a reply. I'm not too fussed as was planning on changing a couple of the tyres anyway.

The tyres are as follows (all with 5-6mm of tread)

Toyo Proxes T1R 205/45/15

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 195/45/15

Admiral SP712 195/45/15

Marangoni Zeta Linea 195/45/15

I know the toyo and goodyear are the best of the bunch, with the admiral being a budget tyre and I've never heard of marangoni, some internet research turned up mixed reviews.

My question is, what would be the best combination to run on the car?

Should I try and find a single matching Toyo 205 and run the wider pair on the back, with the Goodyear and admiral on the front, binning the Marangoni?

OR Sell the Toyo 205 and try and get a matching Goodyear to run both Goodyears on the back with Admiral and Marangoni on front.

OR another combination that you think would be best, I'd like to change as few tyres as possible as funds are low as I'm heading off to Uni soon.

Sorry for the long post, any advice welcome :)

Jamie

Sell the 205/45 Toyo and get a new or part worn (if you can find one) 195/45 Goodyear.

Then if you run the Admiral and Marangoni on the front they will wear out first, and eventually you will be able to get another matching pair for the front.

I loved my Toyo Proxes I had on my last car. I got over 18k miles off them and still had 5mm tread left. Personally I think the Toyos are quite narrow compared to other tyres I had on the same set of wheels and have very vertical sidewalls in comparison. Like |__| as opposed to (__)