Diagnostic reading Misfire cylinder 4

Hi guys basically when driving home from work the engine check light came up on dashboard but flashing rather than just staying light up and the car seemed to stutter. When plugged in to diagnostic it read Misfire on cylinder 4. Then looked at the spark plugs and the coil pack and leads but all was fine. Any ideas of advice would be appreciated. Going to replace spark plugs anyway just in case :)

I've got the same issues on my Lupo.

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=81670

The engine misfires, I can remove plug lead number 4 and the engine runs the same. BUT, the plug, lead and coil pack all produce a good clean spark.

What's the best way that I can check that?

This is the first time that I've had to tinker with a 'modern' engine, I'm used to messing around with aircooled flat fours!!

you just have to get the injector rail out and get and empty tub.,... get someone to turn the engine on and watch the injectors spraying.... its not risky.. but just be careful doing it....

you just have to get the injector rail out and get and empty tub.,... get someone to turn the engine on and watch the injectors spraying.... its not risky.. but just be careful doing it....

put it this way.. you have spark on that cylinder you say, so you might aswell check for fuel and eliminate small problems...

waiting for spark plugs to be in stock hopefully get them tomorrow. but i switched car on quickly to see how it was running and it had a real pungent smell of petrol :/

waiting for spark plugs to be in stock hopefully get them tomorrow. but i switched car on quickly to see how it was running and it had a real pungent smell of petrol :/

possibly because the spark plug isnt working at all so the fuel that goes into the cylinder is going straight through without igniting

replaced the spark plugs these were ok but did need replacing, problem is ht lead on cylinder 4 after checking everything. so going to replace all the ht leads :)