Inner roof lining

pev

The lining on the inside of my roof is sagging down, and is generally boring me, i fancy doing something different like putting something with a pattern, or colour on instead.

If anyone has any ideas what i could use and how i would do it that would be brilliant

Take it down rap it in a funky bedsheet and put it back up ;) not what I'm doing but its an idea lol

sort of what i'm wanting to do,

i want to wrap it in a shag carbet sort of thing so its fluffy, just to be different ;)

Diffrent is the way! Lol I'm just going to re carpet mine in black carpet too match me boot. Just begrudging taking it down don't want to destory it in the processes and I did when I stripd out my old scooby. Have you taken yours out yet?

haha that would be awesome, I'm guessing you use the roof lining what is already in the car then wrap that up?

I'm gonna give this a go when i get home, i'll take some pictures of what i do

thats another thing i need to do, i have no floor in my boot at the moment, i'm thinking putting a sub in the spare wheel well, then building a floor around it, with a hole round the speaker with a metal grill over the speaker in the floor if you get me.

just dunno what to make a floor out of.

Yeah I'm with you as if just made similiar lol there's a post on here not sure wot its call but type in wheel well in the shearch bar. Someone was asking the same the other day and I posted how iv done mine with a very poor pic of how mine looks lol. Hope it helps

The lining on the inside of my roof is sagging down, and is generally boring me, i fancy doing something different like putting something with a pattern, or colour on instead.

If anyone has any ideas what i could use and how i would do it that would be brilliant

Its not too hard mate. Did mines a few days ago in black vinyl and turned out brilliant! Only thing is though, as someone said before, you need to make sure you use heat resistant adhesive cos I did it the first time round with stuff from halfords and it sagged down and was touching my head after only 2 days lol :/

the stuff i used was:

http://www.ebay.co.u...f#ht_1425wt_905

The headlining comes off pretty easily... just take out the grab handles out (two screws in each) and the rear a pillars just pull straight off. The only tricky bit is getting the sun visors off cos where the sunvisor pops in and out there's a plastic cover which needs to be unclipped. The hinge just unscrews and needs wiggled around and eventually it'll come free. Then pull out the interior light (just pulls out) and unplug the back part. Also when you look at the glue you might want to buy 2 cans cos i only bought one and dont have enough to do the A pillars...

Hope this helps mate! Get photos up when your done :D

Edited by peterfearn

Ah thats brilliant cheers for that, I'll order 2 cans of it, i'm sure it'll come in handy for other things too. just need too find something to cover it with. and for the boot that forum is brilliant.

cheers guys ;)

im thinking of doing mine flourescent orange! :)

But kind of weary at the min! :(

But thats going to be my first thing!

I pulled the origonal roof lining down just to see whats its like to take down and stuff and its really easy mate, i'm just waiting on finding material atm

Hi

My first post and spotted this thread.

You could alwasys have it Flocked

FlockedRoofLining.jpg

You would never have to worry about sagging again :thumbup:

Cheers

Chris

that looks sweet, do you apply it straight onto the roof?

that looks sweet, do you apply it straight onto the roof?

Hi bud

No, its applied to your original headlining.

Firstly the existing material has to be removed, then the adhesive which then exposes the cardboard shell. This then has to be laminated and sanded smooth, once this is done it can be flocked :thumbup:

Cheers

Chris

Edited by Chris @ PRP