Supercharging a GTI

GTIWOLF

Calling all supercharged Gti owners,Where can you get it done and what sort of money does it cost? What power does it give you?

Thanks

Dont bother.

Its more hassle than its worth laugh.gif

To be honest, if i could start my project again, i wouldn't use an Eaton charger. Instead just go for a rotrex from the beginning. The Eatons are very inefficient.

If you want someone to do it for you, be prepared to spend in the region of £5-7k and that will be for a basic build.

Seing as there is only one company i know of that has made one, and that is AW tracksport..... Mixed reviews on them tbh, andyp had alot of problems with them on the build they did for him.

John

Calling all supercharged Gti owners,Where can you get it done and what sort of money does it cost? What power does it give you?

Thanks

Might be better to look at what I'm doing, which is installing a k03 turbo on my Sport 100. On stock they are ~7.25psi, which should be fine for the stronger 6 speed gearbox. Even though you have to fabricate a custom exhaust using bits from your existing exhaust and a 1.8t exhaust, it is probably less problematic than a supercharger.

You'll still need to look at a fuel pressure regulator to match the increased air into the engine, and a piggyback or standalone ECU to prevent Limp Mode.