DAS6 pro, dodo juice polisher

Green Devil

I am going to be buying a machine polisher in the very near future, i don't know which one to buy? (problem 1)

I understand that you should clay bar the car before machine polishing to get a better finish.

But after that i do not have a clue what to do? i have looked at some videos but all they does is contradict each other :S

What products for the machine polishing?

What order shall i use them in?

I am totally stuck here, so any help will be appreciated

Thanks

the kit will come with full instructions but each product will be for different levels of paint correction so you wont need to use them all in a sequence just one polish will do with a soft pad if all your doing is removing light scratches and swirl marks, after this its onto the normal glazing, sealing and waxing stage by hand

Wouldn't a DA be better if you havn't used a machine polisher before?

Rotorys can do more damage than a DA if used incorrectly.

your right a da is safer but a rotary will give better results alot of people who buy a da move onto a rotary. use common sense and the right pad and compound with a bit of practice and you may surprise yourself they aint chainsaws! like most things in life fail to prepare, prepare to fail!

a rotary takes a while to get used to, so practice on a descreet area first, or a crappy old car.

basically, use a cleaner like G101 to get all old polish and wax etc off the car, then rinse, then while wet (for me cos im too cheap to buy the lubes for the clay) sprinkle the hose over the clay as u go over it. then after claying, dry the car with good microfibres. Then depending what u want to do, scratch removal - compounds, general shine - polishes. compounds are basically liquid sandpaper, and relatively course compared to the polish which is also mildly abrasive, but far finer. for scratches, start with compounds (the mildest possible to remove the scratch(es)) then use progressively finer polishes, till u end up with something like AG super resin polish. every time u go to a finer polish, take your time to thoroughly go over the previous polished surface thoroughly for best results. wipe off all left over polish excess after each application. Then i (personally) tend to use a poorboys back hole to fill some of the other scratches that i didnt get out thru polishing, then u want to move onto waxing etc, which im sure u are familiar with... (i do this by hand) wax on - wax hazes - wax off, simples. (if u use poorboys, give it a good few hours to harden properly before waxing, or it smudges). then at last i go over everything with the rotary with a lambswool pad to remove any smudges left by the microfibres.

first time using the rotary, expect splatter everywhere, u learn to saturate the sponge better and to spread the product better in time.

Careful on sharp edges, the sponges can easily get torn to pieces. Make sure u dont spin it too fast either, and DO NOT burn the paint, can happen very easily, especially on fresh paint.

hope its a help, may be not what everyone does, but it works very well for me.

Thanks a lot mate, so i was thinking of using, lime prime for polishing to begin with the lime prime lite to finish with. Will both of them be okay to use all of the time, or to begin with shall i use a different compoumd/polish?

to be honest those two will be fine. however they arent too similar, lime prime is sort of a finishing polish too, so light is just extra extra fine polish. depending on the car condition says what u need to use. take a photo of a point on the car where the sun/very bright light is directly reflected into the lens, post it up to see what level of spidering u have.

DA - Dual action - oscillates and rotates, making it near impossible to "burn" paint, however isnt as abrasive as a rotary, so takes longer to do the job, a rotary just rotates, but quite a lot quicker. a DA is brilliant for final polishing as it wont leave swirl marks or streaks.

glaze is like poorboys black hole which i reccommended, it doesnt polish, it fills in crevices, u dont usually use a machine to apply it, just do it by hand and allow to haze.

Autoglym super resin polish is a great product to finish up with.

Sorry to be a pain guys but, i am getting it tommorow and im planning on using AG super resin polish, to get rid of swirls the lime prime to finish, will it be ok to do another finisher by using lime prime lite afterwards?

best order would be - lime prime, lime prime lite, super resin polish.

basically most abrasive to finest.

super resin would take ages to remove swirls.