simota induction kits

danny842003

QUOTE(danny842003)
yeah but that simotta looks better than the bmc smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />.

IMO, and it is just my opinion, the simota looks a bit like a motorworld special. its 'carbon look' and just looks a bit tacky. The BMC is real carbon fibre and nice and understated.

The BMC looks like a proper bitch mod. It fits by replacing the airbox - NIX had one at the rolling road on his GTI. He had added spacers to the bolts to let more air in as it was too quiet without. As Andi has said it sounded bloody amazing, better than my BMC throughtout the revs, you have to work a BMC to make it sound good.

NIX got a good RR result, mine wasnt too bad. He has built a cold air feed to his front bumper, thus forcing air into the box - I have just used standard gti feed.

My filter was a bargain from ebay. £10 including polished alluminium 90 degree pipe to throttle body.

He let it go cheap because i was buying bits off him anyway.

Apparently from a GTI but fits my sport...

Im thinking a cold air feed is a must, having a filter at the back of the engine bay cant be great.