GTI ABS fault

Morning lads and ladies, today's problem:;

ABS light comes on dash from time to time by itself and then will go off. Plugged it in to fault reader and it said n/s/f ABS sensor has stored fault, whipped off wheel and checked ABS sensor and ring around hub, wheel bearing all seemed ok so I just thought must just be a gremlin that shows up from time to time, as long as it's not on come MOT time then it's nothing to worry about.

However, today I took the wife to work and as I went to brake the pedal pulsed as if the ABS was kicking in and it wouldn't brake properly so I eased off and tried again and then it behaved itself, but happened again on the way back and when I swung into my road this weird crunchy/squeaky noise came on then went off when I pulled out of the turn. Could this simply be down to the the sensor chucking out fault readings or could it be the ABS pump on it's way out??

Pete

I thought my lupo was pretty rapid!! Was caught racing a focus st by a focus st, flipping unmarked cars, only got a slap on the wrist though, didn't go above a ton but the officer said he was very suprised when my rear bumper dipped down and I smoked him! Said he had to change down 2 gears to start reeling me in! Not good for you though mate, you gotta sit a re test??