Quick 1

CJ N

Hi guys, has any one on here successfully added a turbo to the GTI? Just want some info on what kind of parts and work needs to be done.

Thanks

CJ

Caspers done a supercharger conversion and if u look at his readers rides you'll see just how mind boggling it is. No offence but the vagueness of your question tells me that you don't have the talent so if I were you I'd go down the deep pockets route.

You will need a turbo and a manifold , just bung them in there and let it spin , dont worry about anything else , the lupo ecu is a tough bugger and can totally work out pressure.

@scotty Thanks for the sarcastic reply,

@James Well no ive never done anything like that before, but i just wanted an idea on what ill need for the conversion. I wanna buy everything an then ill get some 1 to fit it all. Ill have a look through caspers thread.

I understand how a turbo works. I was just wondering why it is that the ecu doesn't like it? Is it because of the ridiculous amount of airflow that it would be receiving?

the compressed air means more air fitting into the cylinder then the ecu can comprehend therefore it cannot add fuel to burn all the air if that makes sense