Amp Wiring

Hello,

I am considering purchasing a two channel amp for my Becker HU and standard speakers. (Yes I do actually quit elike the sound from the standard speakers). The issue being i think the o/p of the becker is only 18 watts RMS per channel, so using the aux input with an ipod or phone, I have to crank the ipod and the HU to full blast, and it still isnt that loud. Im not into really loud music but when your on the motorway etc you need it fairly loud. I really dont think that pushing the HU and ipod volume to max is doing the SQ any favours.

My question is, Is there a way to wire the amp without have big chunky wires all over the engine bay (or how to hide it). All I know about amps is that you need a feed from the battery?

thanks.

To be honest, you're probably already maxing out your current speakers capabilities. They were designed to be as efficient as possible and run well off a standard head unit, which will be kicking out a lot less than 18w per channel.

You'd be best to get some components and amp them up. Then you can put a good 100w rms into them and it'll be much clearer at higher volumes, allowing you to overcome the road noise you experience on the motorway. :)