Lupo TDI...

rh203

I've found a few, one in particular was a dealer in Swalwell who had a silver one. I drove it and it needed some electrics doing and we did a deal to P/X my GTi cash my way. It fell through as he found out it needed a CAT and also had 4 owners when he got the log book back so I didn't go through with it. It says on the ad on autotrader 'RELISTED DUE TO TIMEWASTER' - it should read 'RELISTED DUE TO DEALER BACKING OUT ONCE MOT FAILURE WAS IMMINENT'...

Thinking about a fiesta 1.4 tdci but the spec and weight make them sound flat as a pancake.

Sam, is yours a TDI?

Thats shocking that I like, I wish it was my friend Id totally strike up a deal with you for your GTI but sadly its the not so economic sport. Saying that I like it, returns 42 mpg if im sensible round the doors and closer to 47 on the motorway if I take my time. So when it needs to be it isnt bad.

I have thought about changing to a TDI if I found the right one but I could never actually do it, love my little sport.

I've found a few, one in particular was a dealer in Swalwell who had a silver one. I drove it and it needed some electrics doing and we did a deal to P/X my GTi cash my way. It fell through as he found out it needed a CAT and also had 4 owners when he got the log book back so I didn't go through with it. It says on the ad on autotrader 'RELISTED DUE TO TIMEWASTER' - it should read 'RELISTED DUE TO DEALER BACKING OUT ONCE MOT FAILURE WAS IMMINENT'...

Thinking about a fiesta 1.4 tdci but the spec and weight make them sound flat as a pancake.

Sam, is yours a TDI?

TDI's don't need a cat to pass an MOT (so everybody keeps saying - I've not had an MOT yet since the decat was fitted). Emissions are only tested for smoke, nothing else.

Fiesta 1.4 TDCI :o ? No, just no. It will be nothing like a 1.4 TDi PD ;)

My arosa tdi will be for sale this month, basic spec, fsh, r/c/l, elec windows, red, around 90k miles, gti interior, black carpets and plastics, colourcoded bumpers and £2,500

Oh and its £30 tax, unlike my new one :( lol

My TDi has a decat as the CAT was rotten so had a solid pipe welded in its place. Gives it a nice tone from the backbox.

I WILL 1000000% say mine PASSED its MOT on 25/02/11 so YES it does pass without a CAT.

Cost me £40 for the decat to be made and fitted so if you can get the car for cheap worth it...

What was wrong with the electrics?

Like I say, it wasn't the MOT, it was the cost of fixing vs what he would make that made the deal non viable.

Electrics: heater 123 didnt work, passenger elec window knackered from driver side switch, right elec mirror knackered. Cat was snapped, driver's bolster knackered and 4 previous owners , 97k miles for £3'000...

If all the main issues are fixed, the paintwork wasnt the best and had a few dings so i'd say not worth 3k....