Buying a TDi lupo - what to look for...

rh203

Hi all,

Looking to buy a TDi lupo and was wondering what the main things to look for would be?

I've spotted a mint looking 53 plate in silver, 95k with FSH for near £3k that I'm going to look at tomorrow... does this sound a lot or about average for the spec?

What were optional extras on the TDi - was Air con available, etc?

Thanks,

Ryan

No air con

Gti seats were either an extra or standard in later models I think. Both my 02 cars had them. Deffo no leather option

Some come with sunroof but think they are not very common

Um think thats it!

I would try to go lower like you would any sale. If its in good condition and looked after then I would say 3k is reasonable, maybe 2900.

I haven't done an exact mpg with this one, but I do have a super picture to show the length the fuel holds out for. The needle finally moved @ 180 miles covered. Bare in mind this was 60-70mph on motorway driving.

164678_1748421788249_1169965083_1995966_2373316_n.jpg

I know some Tdi's go for more than the Gtis. Especially now people are a lot more concerned with economy

Air con and leather were optional like on any other Lupo (except the SDI which you couldn't get with A/C).

Mine had A/C, is remapped and does 60mpg day in day out.

Ah glad you came along Jon, you know what you are talking about.

Ahh Picola you were winging it quiet nicely I thought!

As Jon says air con was an option but I don't think there are many with it.

They are good cars dude, as long as you are happy with it then get it as cheap as you can and enjoy :) They seem to be holding their value at the moment so it's a good car to buy I would say.

I have had mine remapped and it's a hell of a lot better than standard. Also I have AIRCON. So u can get it like.

Edit: also possibly check to see if the clutch is slipping. Its not common but it happens. Otherwise TDI is a good buy :)

Edited by AlexTRea

I have a TDi, payed 2100 for mine with 93k and fsh. Came with coilovers and pslots. Was in good condition but had a few niggles which I've sorted out.

How did you manage to get 180 miles before the needle moved? I get 360 miles to a full tank (£34 todays fuel prices)

180 is a tad optimistic :/

I have a TDi, payed 2100 for mine with 93k and fsh. Came with coilovers and pslots. Was in good condition but had a few niggles which I've sorted out.

How did you manage to get 180 miles before the needle moved? I get 360 miles to a full tank (£34 todays fuel prices)

180 is a tad optimistic :/

Im not lying, Im not that pathetic I actually lie about fuel consumption lol

Like I said 60-70 on the M6 going back to Cumbria last Xmas. It was full to the brim with fuel, using the overflow I will add

Edited by Picola

i bought my 1.4tdi in august 2010, 60k on the clock for £3000...bargain.

looking to have it remapped, but was thinking a full exhaust system..but ive been told that its a bit of a waste putting the exhaust on a diesel, is that true or just petrol heads trying to ruin diesel again?

cool.

• 2 weeks later...