Performance clutches for TDI?

AlexTRea

I would like to know what benefits I would get?

If it would make any difference?

What I should be looking for and recommendations on what other people have used?

Or shall I just stick with the stock lupo TDI clutch?

No smart arse remarks please as I am researching this outside of club lupo too.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers alex

i have the 6n2 polo tdi with obviously the same engine, its been remapped

ive had another clutch put in, and i couldnt find a upgraded clutch so i just had the standard one put in and touch wood its perfectly adequate

hope that helps

Cheers guys.

I know that the clutch is the same as the 130ps one.

Any ideas on what a lightened fly wheel do?

I should really know this baring in mind I'm on a motorsport course haha.

Edited by AlexTRea

Helix do a paddle clutch for the lupo. I have one on my GTi.

I dont know if it fits the TDi though, you will have to check flywheel diameters and pressure plate diameters to see.

Its not too heavy either, probably due to the hydraulic assist on the clutch. And its not to fierce either.

John

according this they are different....booo :(

http://secure.gsfcarparts.com/shop/results.asp

ok link doesnt work...

PN Description Fitment Price (£) Basket

189VG0460 CLUTCH KIT LUPO 1.6 GTi 99> AVY 129.00 Add

189VG0470 CLUTCH KIT LUPO 1.4TDi 118.00 Add

189VG0480 CLUTCH KIT LUPO 1.7/1.9SDi 123.00 Add

193VG0050 CLUTCH REL BEARING LUPO 99> 1.4TDi 7.80 Add

Edited by hooch

I've done an uprated clutch kit for a Lupo TDI chap in France before. He used the Helix Autosport Paddle friction plate (supplied by me) and the rest of the bits were just Genuine ones (cover plate and bearing)

The cover plate that the lupo TDI uses is exactly the same part as what the Fabia 100bhp 1.9TDI uses. For this reason, it's perfectly capeable of any amount of power you're realistically going to get out of it.

The standard clutches in 100bhp 1.9TDI's have been known to kick out around 250-260lb/ft of torque and are used in much heavier cars without any slipping.

The Lupo is a nice light car and lets face it, almost ever going to kick out 250-260lb/ft of torque.

Let me know if you are interested in the helix paddle friction plate and I'll work out a price for you.

Cheers for trying though al, much appreciated!!

Anyother ideas? Or just stick with the orginal one with maybe a lightened fly wheel?

While I have your ears, how much lighter are the GTI doors and bonnet compared to the likes of a TDI?

Cheers for that nfbr, iv got gti doors on mine and they are noticably lighter. I think its like 22kg each rather than 32kg each whatever they are there is a 10kg diff per door. you can deff feel the diffrence when your carrying them around! its just finding some thats the issue lol. The bonnet i think i read 6kg instead of 10 or along those lines. Im looking for a gti bonnet now and then il be a happy chap.

It's probably easier and cheaper to find a used Carbon bonnet than it will be for a genuine lupo gti alu bonnet.

VW made the alu bonnet obsolete so second hand ones get snapped up very fast and at very high prices!

yeah i was going to get one from germany with the doors but now i have the doors it makes me less likley to go. I found a bonnet from CF but it was from madmotors or something and didnt look the part, also prob just a skinned steel frame which id rather not bother.