Cutting out under braking/clutch in

So last night on the way home, as i was coming to a round about, slowing down to stop, the engine cut out..

So limped it home, and made sure there were no loose connections with the alternator or battery..

Took it back out and it happened again, same thing.

Looked on the forum last night, a few pointers to the throttle body, so got up this morning, took the air filer off and checked the oil breather pipe, a little bit of dirt and stuff but nothing to worry about, cleaned as much of the butterfly as i could too, put it all back to gether and test, same thing again.

Gonna grab some carb cleaner tonight, and see if i can get hold of vagcom/error checking to check for codes..

Any other advice?

UPDATE:

I took the car to the garage today and got a can of carb cleaner, cleaned as much as i could around and in the throttle... while i was there i got them to change the fuel filter,

But still keep cutting out :(

Any suggestions are welcome

Got vagcom on it tonight and got the

00282 - Throttle position actuator - static - short to earth.....

Ive checked around the throttle body for loose connections but cant really see much that seems out of place!

Hi mate, i have a throttle body that i bought for my car but it was the wrong one.

It came off a 99-2000 1.4s and its electronic controlled (just a plug connector to it)

The one i need is a cable operated throttle and the plug.

If your interested pm me.

Rhys