Heated Seats Problem

Hi Everyone,

I have an issue where my new seats are not heating up very much at all....

I have just bought some MK4 Recaros that all have brand new heated seat elements (Got receipt to prove it).

My Lupo already had factory fit heated seats so i just disconnected the controllers from the bottom of the lupo seats and fitted these onto the MK4's.

I can hear the relay kick in when i power the seats on, however they just don't seem to get very warm at all...

Maybe just the equivalent of being on number 1 all the time..

Anyone got any ideas?

Many Thanks

Chris

Didn't have an original loom as mine didn't have heated leather as standard, bought the kufatec one from Germany and sharan switches. Auto electrician pal said looks like elements are nakered unless anyone knows if the sharan switches aren't exactly the same as Lupo ones???

Patrick

• 8 months later...

well i gave up on this as i didnt get anywhere and have not needed heated seats for the summer months.

However the cold mornings are starting to close in and I want to have another shot at getting them wired up..

Without fitting the MK4 loom and switches into the lupo, can anyone else think how i can get this to work correct with my OEM lupo loom and switches?

Thanks!

Chris