Lupo 20v

V3 1UPO

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well had the phone call to say the loop is pretty much done.

They've managed to get drivers side bang on to factory spec but passenger is still -2!!!!!! Sick as ****. Am i right in thinking u can run on -1? Or have i got wrong end of the stick. They are trying to sort it but if not I have to make a hole in the ball joint a bit bigger has anybody done this??? As I dont have a ****ing clue.

Hey Alex did you paint your vents and stuff or did you not

bother in the end??!

Cheers gareth

Edited by V3 1UPO

I havent gotten round to it yet buddy. Gonna work on the car today to try and sort out my stupid camber levels. My clutch is slippin like **** ATM too so in nursing that till I can afford a new one or it goes bang.

I don't really understand how they can sort one side out to perfect yet the other one is still 2/3 out.

Beats me buddy! Gettin a bit narked now like haven't been able to drive it for nearly a month bit **** wen I'm driving my birds 1.2 corsa lol

@ Ben bloke says he's gone over it with a fine tooth comb an can't see anything he's took measurements of things either side and all match up so unless it's summat tucked away maybe Im clueless

Edited by V3 1UPO

Well the garage are keeping the loop in..... Clearly obvious they are having a mare sorting the passenger side out!

I suppose on the flip side shows they are bothered about getting it right only time will tell I suppose. Never mind

I'm sure a man of your caliber with carbon will be able to do a better set using the proper gear lol took about an hour to do this morning while the little 1 was asleep lol using off cuts of what I had left pain tho

@ spoon highly recommend them they basically send you however much u require. And im from the north east buddy Well I got the lupo back this afternoon, drives pretty good! It's still 2 degrees out in the left and I need new track rod ends but atleast she goes where i point her now!

Edited by V3 1UPO

Well I got my car back from camber and tracking blah blah blah. Drove pretty good in fairness, only to take her out for a drive, to notice Loadsa clunking and banging but feeling vibrations thru the clutch pedal and throttle. Remembering from threads on here about how the pedal box being made out of cheese made me fear the worst.... Limped it to my pals who told me it's the right engine mount. Sick as **** as there custom made! Gonna have a proper look Tomoz one thing after another. To say the least pissed off.com

Well had the loop in bits today to find out where this banging and clunking is comin from and good news for me it's not a engine mount well it is but not a major problem. I had sheered a bolt and lost a bolt. Out of the three that hold the bracket to the block i had one holding it on. 1 must of vibrated loose and dropped out and the other had snapped at the end but was still in and the last one was in finger tight! So new bolts and there getting lock tight on em so no chance of vibrating loose again.... Gonna take a photo of the bolts I need hopefully somebody on here may be able to tell me if there VW bolts as I'm in need of 3

• 2 weeks later...

So got the snapped bolt out of the block and put it all back together and took it out for the engine to run **** put my foot down and it revs up as it should but car doesn't go anywhere very disappointed to say the least it kinda feels like the clutch is slipping but I no the clutch is mint. Took the cam belt off to get at the bolt out and wen Iv put it back on my mate reckons it's a tooth out so I'm gonna have to get it timed up and see where I stand with that! Would 1 tooth out do that to an engine??

• 4 weeks later...

Been a while so thought I'd update from what's been happening from the engine mount bracket going horribly wrong! Got the mount fixed with alot of messing about the bolts that were in( 1 finger tight ) other 1 not there at all, and the sheered bolt in the block. got them all out barring the snapped 1 in the block I had to remove the cambelt to get to the snapped bolt to grind a groove into it to remove if with a screw driver which worked. Only to put belt back on for engine to run really bad. Was baffled to what it was tilly mate came round who's a mechanic and me explaining what I actually did! For him to turn round n tell me my timing is out.... Great stuff I thought but my pal went at it and bluntly told me I was 4 teeth out! And how I hadn't bent the valves n damaged the pistons blah blah was beyond him n Iv been a very lucky boy! There is a god...

All back together now running netter than it ever has in honesty with a freshly painted intercooler, new lights as the smoked ones I thought were to much for the sleeper look I'm going for[

a00b370f.jpg

02e81a36.jpg here's sum pics

Edited by V3 1UPO

• 2 months later...

Had a few bits powdercoated quite like them ffaeccd03.jpg

Few more bits to do then it's engine out ko4 turbo on new exhaust n possible cams to boot then all setup and see where were at

apologies if you have all moved on from the NOCK issue, i just have something id like to say...

id just like to point out that this kind of behaviour on a forum is the exact reason i do not 'enjoy' coming on clublupo any more.

i think that some people forget that forums ARE FOR ADVICE. we all know that google is a good tool for finding out information but where better to ask about a lupo than on a lupo forum? your supposed to be enthusiasts who are on here to share ideas, ask questions, show off (your car.. not trying to be smart, argumentative and sarcastic) and generaly make friends who share the same interest.

i had a similar problem when i advertised my numberplate for sale, i simply didnt 'understand' that a price had to be put. i was told quite clearly that it was "not ebay"... however unless i have a serious problem with my eyesight that i have never been made aware of, in the marketplace it clearly states: "club lupo's answer to ebay"..... is that me or a little contradictive? i didnt know what my numberplate was worth so advertised it for offers... to cut a long story short it led to the exact same problem on YOUR thread... people acting tough and clever trying to belittle you when after all its YOUR thread to put what you like...

i personally think that you (V3 1UPO) should be able to put what you want on your car and do whatever you like to it. if you did not understand camber then i think you did the right thing. you asked. what else would anyone do?

im a strong believer that if you dont like something have nothing to do with it. if you dont like this car then look on another thread and dont comment. always consider that people may not like your car! doesnt mean that they have to tell you that does it?

i apologise to the "normal" people on here that unfortunately have to read this... but for those of you who get enjoyment out of making people look like "wally's" on a forum then i look forward to your reply. my response will simply be "GROW UP"

Lol cheers buddy good rant that mind lol

haha

i never come on here anymore mate simply for that reason... i go on other smaller forums with my build etc. saw your thread as an opportunity to voice my opinion! sorry that you have to have it on your thread mind.... lol!

how does the car go then? :)