Awful clutch

Righty, not had my car long but have already had alot of issues, current one is that my clutch pedal always feels like crap, it's quite floppy and doesn't feel smooth as you press it down.

I have had a pedal box replaced so would assume it's nowt to do with that although i did a week after i got it done press my clutch in and get a loud click which released alot of slack in the clutch cable, i'm hoping this was down to something not being put in quite right when the pedal box was done.

Have had a search and info seems rather vague on this.

Gear changes are fine, no crunches etc and the clutch doesn't feel overly heavy

I'm assuming it could be an issue that could be sorted with a new clutch cable?

u probs wont need a new clutch cable, the clutch on a lupo is fully adjustable to be adjusted to your personal preference, a 10 minute job, easiest way to do it is to get someone to push the clutch while you look above the gearbox, then when u see the bar that moves, u will also see a scew thread that can be adjusted up and down, this does the biting point, but judging by the lack of smoothness in yours, it is probs too far up or too far down. Give it a try, may help. (only adjust by a tiny bit at a time, it makes quite a big difference)

u probs wont need a new clutch cable, the clutch on a lupo is fully adjustable to be adjusted to your personal preference, a 10 minute job, easiest way to do it is to get someone to push the clutch while you look above the gearbox, then when u see the bar that moves, u will also see a scew thread that can be adjusted up and down, this does the biting point, but judging by the lack of smoothness in yours, it is probs too far up or too far down. Give it a try, may help. (only adjust by a tiny bit at a time, it makes quite a big difference)

Are you on about the nuts at the end of the clutch cable? If so i have altered this which helped a bit but still feels crap

Are you on about the nuts at the end of the clutch cable? If so i have altered this which helped a bit but still feels crap

yeh, that was what i was on about, im still trying to think what else it could be... imo the clutches and gearboxes in VW polos and lupos have never really been great, both that i have had have had some wierd qwerks. But i have found that this seems to be due to driving style, (guess the gender of all previous drivers...) my clutch and gearbox are now much more driveable after being driven properly, and my parents, named drivers, notice the difference most as they hardly ever drive it.

So, essentially, just try to drive it in a bit to suit your driving style.

my clutch pedal was something like that sometimes when i pressed it in and then let it out it was like a spring, hard to describe it felt notcy when i left my foot off like the cable was cathching on someting if you no wat i mean, took it to the garage and it was a metal sleave which the realse bearing runs along, it had worn through

my clutch pedal was something like that sometimes when i pressed it in and then let it out it was like a spring, hard to describe it felt notcy when i left my foot off like the cable was cathching on someting if you no wat i mean, took it to the garage and it was a metal sleave which the realse bearing runs along, it had worn through

That's basically how I would describe how my pedal feels. I'll leave it till it becomes an issue as the headgasket went on the wifes clio yesterday so all cash is goin on that.

Thanks for the replies guys