Job for tomorrow morning

nfbr

Fittin this in my boot 6luposubamp.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Run all my cables today, 2awg power cable, 2 sets of tripple screened phonos, and a set of chunky OFC speaker wire

all i gotta do is bolt my amp to the back of my seat, sit the sub in position and bolt it down, then chuck all the cables onto the amp biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

can't wait to hear what it sounds like!! I'll fit my pair of amps for the components when i get round to buying some MDF to make a custom amp enclosure (all hidden so it'll just look like a big sub box smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> )

@ carmadaarron , i have the vibe active `CBR-10` so it has a built in amp , so i dont have to worry about the wires from the sub to the amp , but mines is now done , just cause its ported i need to have a window down when its on as the air moving hurts me ears and gives me a sore head!

only thing that i need to do is take the damn bass blockers out but there jammed behind the headunit , there taking that much bass out of the signal NOTHING is going to the door speakers!

sh!t.. forgot to take camera to work.

Most the hard work had been done anyway (running the cables etc.)

Most people running thinner power cables will probably find it easiest to just push the cable under the side trims, rather than having to pull up the carpet like i did.

Sounds nice tho smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Sub - 12" a/d/s/ R12S.2 2x 4ohm voice coil, will handle 500wrms between the pair. its in a 0.75cu.ft custom made sealed box

the amps is a Rockford Fosgate 501bd Monoblock and pushes 652wrms out at 2ohms

nice little SQ setup smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> can't wait to get my 2 alpine amps in their and my DLS components smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Need to order 7 or 8 rolls of sound deadening too. Might jus get a bulky pack

QUOTE(JB)
That last one you did about replacing the headunits was pretty sweet! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

thanks smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

is it just me or does the car keep alot of the sound in the car by its self , i was quite impressed to be honest , cause i had a sub in ma 106 and the thing could be heard from out side the car where as mines cant be heard from outside the arosa

Thats cos you bought Vibe... biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

hehe only kidding.

Your right, the sound proofing is pretty good to say its not got loads of panels to cover the interior.

I get a bit of a wobble on the rear o/s quareter panel, but nothing else really.

I was well impressed with the sound deadening from vw. When the 10's first went in and the car was new i was amazed how much it kept in the car. The rear window wiper vibrated a little but that was it. Over time this got worse and worse until the dynamat and expanding foam went in.

yes mate they just pull off.

The clips break quite easily though and they cost a bob or two for replacements..

Craig, Im goin over the top a ;litt.

His rear opener poped off.

While the window was open! lol

Blue Tac I think repaired it lol

i've removed hundreds of door cards and i've only ever broken the clips on hyundai ones smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

(my claim to faim)

and since we dont have a hyundai dealer i replaced his clips with glue smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> lol.