RCD 310 MK 6 Golf stereo in a Lupo

LaydeeNina

I've basically just bought one and want to install it into the lupo...I've heard it won't work or fit...

Could I bodge it to get it to work and make it fit lol.

Any advice?

Thanks.

P.s if i can't get it work then i'll have to re-sell it but I got it at a bargain price so not a major error.

new vws work on a canbus system which lupo's dont( well not the same kind tecnically) tbh if it were me id sell it on and try make a bit of profit on it if u can as i can see it being a pain in the arse to make work imho, but im sure sum 1 might know whats actually involved , but as i said i dont see it being easy

I'll post pics up when it's done, I'm taking the centre console out to have it sprayed so at the same time, i'm going to customise it to fit and my boyfriend who is an electrician is going to set up the wiring, he has seen the diagram of the back of the rcd 310 and thinks it's possible to wire it up.

I think it's all about taking these risks and trying new things...

Thanks for the advice people.

Thanks the stereo came today, so i'm going to start having a play around in the dash today. The way I see it, some of the dashboards at USC were customised to fit ipads in them flush, so this stereo isn't any different.

Yes the wiring might be difficult, but there are always ways round things. (I hope) :blush:

Dont think getting the head unit to fit in the dash will be the major issue, getting it to work properly in a Lupo will be, i would make sure you can get it to work before starting to butcher your dash.

does it have sat nav?

If so then the sat nav won't operate correctly as it needs to read the speed pulse from the engine - which as mentioned would be from a CAN-BUS vehicle.

Rest of the stereo will probably work fine.

No my mk6 golf stereo is not a sat nav here's a pic of it, i really love it.

It looks sleek, its oem and it is much better than the crap that was already in there...

newstereo.jpg