Wiring up my Sub

hi, having real difficulty getting the power cable through to the passengers side, i know it's got to go through where the glove box would be and underneath. any help/techniques would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!

I stuck mine through the door into the engine bay. Doesn't catch in the door, so not a problemo.

Gave up after a few hours of looking for a hole to feed it through, can take pictures if you need.

Regards,

Ben

Most people make a tiny hole in their rubber grommet that is found towards the right-hand-side of the engine bay. It is between the airbox and Coolant reservoir. If you make a small hole with a screwdriver and then force the cable through the small hole then it stretches to just the right amount. Once you have the cable through you can then put some sealant around it if you wish...I didn't bother and had no issues in 4 years. I was a little apprehensive doing this as I didn't want to 'damage' the car, but to be honest I don't know why I was so worried now.

Once you have forced the cable through the grommet, you have to get your hand up behind the passengers dash section and do lots of feeling around to pull it through. Once you have got a little bit through though, you've cracked it. It is infuriating so try and stay patient with it.

Hope that all makes sense, and is helpful?

• 2 months later...

Most people make a tiny hole in their rubber grommet that is found towards the right-hand-side of the engine bay. It is between the airbox and Coolant reservoir. If you make a small hole with a screwdriver and then force the cable through the small hole then it stretches to just the right amount. Once you have the cable through you can then put some sealant around it if you wish...I didn't bother and had no issues in 4 years. I was a little apprehensive doing this as I didn't want to 'damage' the car, but to be honest I don't know why I was so worried now.

Once you have forced the cable through the grommet, you have to get your hand up behind the passengers dash section and do lots of feeling around to pull it through. Once you have got a little bit through though, you've cracked it. It is infuriating so try and stay patient with it.

Hope that all makes sense, and is helpful?

Hi, managed to find it through the hole, was a while ago now, but thanks for the help! greatly appreciated

this was a total bugger to do! ended up with lots of cut hands and nearly a lot of things smashed, ended up leaving my mate to it for about an hour and he finally got it while i tried occupying myself. I could try and get photos if necessary but im not sure how much help i can be. Just play around at the back of all your sound deadening and reach places you didnt think existed and you will find it eventually! Good Luck

okay this was my best efforts for you mate

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

That is two views of where the power cable goes through to the passenger foot well from the engine bay.

IMG_0461.jpg

That is from the passenger foot well as good as i could get without digging it all out i'm afraid :( hope that can be of some help.

IMG_0462.jpg

That is where i managed to get the RCA cables through from the back of the headunit to the drivers side foot well, it's not normally that loose but i loosened it to make it more visible to you. Theres a hole which goes right the way through.

IMG_0463.jpg

And there is just the mess which is my boot at the moment, but it's getting sorted out tomorrow hopefully!

Sorry if all this wasn't much help at all, but it's the best i can do for you mate! :)

The first 2 were the biggest help, shows I cut the right bit of rubber to get it through! Thank you so much for your help, hopefully tomorrow morning my mate won't have too much trouble getting it installed although I'll be the first to admit he is much better at those sort of things :). Thanks again buddy.

Thanks to the person who put pics up!! I really didn't want to have to go through it all again, haha..

wiring the sub is a proper effort if you can't find that little rubber grommet. So yeah many thanks to everyones help on this topic!